Friday, April 23, 2010

I married my high school sweetheart

Today on show us your life they are featuring how you met your husband/wife/fiance....

I met Shaun at a birthday "dance" when I was 13. His cousin, my best friend, had a dance at the local fire station for her birthda party. I was on crutches because of a knee injury and was hanging out by the wall watching everyone else. Shaun walked over and talked to me and entertained me because he didn't want me to feel alone. He lived in Mertzon at the time so we were never around each other. Then that same summer his mom bought a house in my home town and sent Shaun and Jason to youth camp with the local church, which I happened to go to. We went and floated the Frio River for a whole week. I spent the week falling head over heals for him as my mother watched and dreaded the whole my daughters 14 and this boy is 16 with a drivers license fiasco fast approaching. In October she let us go on our first date to a church picnic...from there we were inseperateable...we dated until my January of my senior year. I thought going to college would be a whole new world for me so we broke up...off and on over the next three years we would get babck together and be in love but he wanted to marry me and I wasnt ready.

At the end of my college career I was looking at having my first big kid job, paying all my own bills, bought a new truck, and got a huge rent house. All these grown up decisions and responsibilites made me realize I was ready to start a real life with Shaun....so we did. We got married in July 2007 after being best friends, boy friend/girlfriend/confidants/and soul mates for 10 years...

After almost three years I have fallen madly and more deeply in love every minute I spend with Shaun...he is my husband but more importantly he is truly my best friend. I cannot wait to make him a father and watch our family grow...every day is a new more exciting adventure...thank you Shaun for being in my life and filling the missing spot in my heart that God put you on this Earth to fill.

2 comments:

background